Tuesday, June 26, 2012

About That Tiger Prediction...

I was looking and feeling pretty good after two rounds of the U.S. Open. In fact, I was all but certain my pre-tourney pick, Tiger Woods, was headed for major win No. 15 given his surgical dissection of the Olympic Club on Thursday and Friday.

But a funny thing happened on the way to victory lane. Tiger lost his mojo. I'm now more convinced than ever that his issues are strictly mental/emotional, not swing-related. Through two rounds, Woods simply looked too in-command of his action, in control of all the old shots and trajectories, to suddenly go south with his technique.

No, I contend he's still battling self-doubt, a foe he never wrestled before the world found out what a rotten person he'd been off the course. In golf -- and in life -- opponents don't come any bigger or badder.

No comments:

Post a Comment