Friday, July 13, 2012

If Golf Courses were Rock Albums

Sand Hills Golf Club
Golf courses have been compared to novels, paintings, and other forms of artistic expression. For me, they're more like rock albums -- each hole is a different song, there's an ebb and flow to the sequencing, and various influences can be teased out if you pay attention hard enough.

Some courses are punk, others folk or art rock. Some are nothing more than great ear candy -- or eye candy, in this case -- while others make an impact the reverberates across the entire medium.

I'll revisit this theme from time to time, beginning with installment No. 1: Sand Hills Golf Club (Mullen, Neb.) as Nirvana's Nevermind. Coming soon.

P.S. I realize I'm dating myself by using the term "album." Look it up, whipper-snappers.


No comments:

Post a Comment