- Matt Kuchar -- Sticking with my prediction of a major for Kooch this year. It helps that he lives, plays and practices just down the coast at Sea Island.
- Tiger Woods -- He'll need a minimum of two good putting rounds and better wedge play, but otherwise he's clicking on all cylinders.
- Graeme McDowell -- Contended in the last two majors, and the closer he gets to the sea, the better he plays. You can't much closer than Kiawah.
- Louis Oosthuizen -- A fine player in fine form. What's not to like?
- Vijay Singh -- Call it a hunch, based on solid recent play and a previous PGA win on a similar Pete Dye course (2004, Whistling Straits). I'm not a big Vijay fan, but it would be cool to see a 49-year-old win a major.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Kuchar, Woods Lead Pre-PGA Picks
Without further delay, my picks for the 2012 PGA Championship, now just hours away at Kiawah Island's rain-soaked Ocean Course: